The beginning of each new year tends to be a time of reflection. We look at where we are, and where we would like to be. These thoughts often lead to resolutions of things we wish to change in our lives.
Perhaps you have given some thought about your relationship with your partner. Do you have any resolutions this year regarding your relationship? I wanted to share an exercise with those of you who may be desiring a stronger connection in your relationship. Building fondness and admiration for your partner is important to feeling connected to your partner. As life becomes more busy and chaotic, we often lose sight of how much our partners mean to us.
The following are some questions to ask yourself each day to help build fondness for your partner. Pick one to focus on each day of the week.
- Think about a special time, or romantic time you had with your partner.
- What is one physical attribute you like about your partner?
- Write about a time you and your partner had fun together.
- Think about one characteristic that you find endearing about your partner.
- Write about one characteristic that makes you proud of your partner.
Once you have completed these, pick a time at the end of the week to share your thoughts and writing with your partner. Leave a note for them the following day about the things you were thinking about the previous day to show them how much you admire and value them. Show them how much you appreciate your relationship with them.