Are you concerned your partner is having an emotional affair? Are you questioning if you are in the middle of an emotional affair? We can help!
Dr. Shirley Glass is one of the leading researchers on infidelity. The following is a quiz she developed from her research to reach those who may be on the verge of having an affair. Answer yes or no to the follow questions:
- Do you confide more to your friend than to your partner about how your day went?
- Do you discuss negative feelings or intimate details about your marriage with your friend but not with your partner?
- Are you open with your partner about the extent of your involvement with your friend?
- Would you feel comfortable if your partner heard your conversation with your friend?
- Would you feel comfortable if your partner saw a videotape of the meeting?
- Are you aware of sexual tensions in this friendship?
- Do you and your friend touch differently when you're alone than in front of others?
- Are you in love with your friend?
Scoring Key: 1 point for each yes to questions 1,2,6,7,8 and 1 point for each no to 3,4,5. If you scored near 0, this is just a friendship. If you scored 3 or more you may not be "just friends." If you scored 7-8, you are definitely involved in an emotional affair.
If you would like help to heal from an emotional affair, call us today.
Glass, Shirley. (2003). Not just friends: Rebuilding trust and recovering your sanity after infidelity (pp.16). New York, NY: Free Press.