I often hear from people struggling with their sexual behaviors. Here are some questions to consider:
1. Do you often find yourself preoccupied with sexual thoughts?
2. Do you hide some of your sexual behavior from others?
3. Have you ever sought help for sexual behavior you did not like?
4. Has anyone been hurt emotionally because of your sexual behavior?
5. Do you feel controlled by your sexual desire?
6. When you have sex, do you feel depressed afterwards?
A positive response to just one of these questions would indicate a need for additional assessment, including a consultation with a CSAT. Agreeing with two or more questions likely indicates sexual issues that need to be addressed.
It is important to find a counselor with specific training to treat sexual issues, as treating sexual issues is a highly specialized service. Ask your counselor about their education and training treating sexual concerns. For more information and resources regarding treatment please visit sexhelp.com